The Siren's Call


The cold january wind litters
Thoughts of u in my lonely heart
As i laid down to sleep,
You came whispering in my ears
Oh the warmth in your eyes
Swept me into your arms
Was it love or fear of the cold That led us through the night?
With every kiss darling
You trumped my doubts.

And now, the winter winds have turned Stale and grey,
And it's empty in
The valley of your heart
The sun, it rises slowly
As you walk away from,
All the Fears and
All the faults
That you've left behind.

You told me to move on,
You broke my heart.
Searching within the fragile substance of my soul
All I found was a hole,
And I have filled this void
With things unreal,
And all the while,
My character it steals.

Darkness is a harsh term!
Don't you think?
And yet it dominates,
The things I seek.

It seems that all my bridges have been burned,
But, people say that's exactly how this grace thing works
It’s not the long walk home
that will comfort this heart,
But the welcome I receive with the restart.

We'll be washed and buried one day my darling dear,
In these bodies we will live,
in these bodies we shall die
Where you invest your love,
you invest your life
Our flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good,
While we're here to stay.

But you, you are going away
Far too far,
You have neither
Reason nor rhyme
With which to take this soul that is so rightfully mine
So make your siren's call
And sing all you want
I will not hear your calls.

Comments

Popular Posts